This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
"Every book lover needs a bookmark, this easy to make book marker pattern is a perfect gift to a book lover. The easy book marker pattern is one that can be made within a sitting and serves a good and thoughtful gift for loved ones. The pattern can be made using left over yarns in colors and sizes of your choice. The easy pattern can also be customize to fit the length of your book. The added fringes makes this beautiful. "
Crochet HookE/4 or 3.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeGauge is not essential for this project.
15 sts over 10 rows = 10 cm
Finished SizePetal – 3.5” across Rope – 9” Tassel – 4”
- Yarn Hobbii Rainbow Cotton 8/4, 4 ply, (100% Cotton, 186 yards/170 m per 1.8 oz/50g skein) (1) Ball in Red Estimated Yardage 30 yards
- Size E/4 (3.5 mm) Crochet Hook
- Yarn needle
- Please kindly read through the pattern before starting.
- Chains at the beginning of the rounds counts as a stitch.
- Any yarn weight can be used, the thinner the smaller.
Length: Increase or decrease the repeats of chains when making the rope to reflect the length of your book.
Stitch Abbreviations (US Terms):
- Chain(s) – ch(s)
- Single Crochet – sc
- Double crochet – dc
- Skip – sk
- Repeat – rep
Round 1: Make a magic ring, (or Ch 4, join with a sl st to first ch to form a ring), ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), 14 dc in to magic ring, join with a sl st to beginning ch. 15 dc
Round 2: Ch 3, dc in next st, *ch 5, dc in next 3 sts, rep from * to last st, ch 5, dc in last st, join with a sl st to top of ch 3. 5 ch sps, 15 dc
Round 3: Ch 3, sk first st, *(4 dc, ch 5, 4 dc in ch sp), sk next 3 sts, rep from * to end, join with a sl st to top of ch 3. 5 ch sps, 40 dc
Do not fasten off, set aside.
To make the Tassel:
- Wrap yarn multiple times round your Cell Phone or cut out a cardboard same size as your cell phone. (Thickness of yarn on both sides of your phone/cardboard would be the volume of your Tassels), gently slip off the yarn from phone/cardboard.
- Cut yarn at the yarn.
- Make the Knot – Cut out about 15” of yarn, fold into 2, wrap this
yarn around bunch of yarn made earlier. Make sure to secure the ends securely.
- Cut off the bunch of yarn in the middle, trim off excess yarn on you
tassels and set aside.
- Pick up the petal.
- Chain 40 (or desired length considering your book length)
- Leave a long tail of yarn, cut yarn.
- Join the Tassel made to the long tail of yarn left from the rope.
- Spray your Petal with fabric starch or hair stiffener to block it and stiffen the petal.
- Allow to dry.
Read NextCrochet Bookmark
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crocheters! Right now!
- Get free crochet patterns, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use